Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Decorating on the Cheap



I recently hopped onto the Dave Ramsey train in order to get a better handle on my family’s finances. That means absolutely no unnecessary spending. This poses a problem when it comes to decorating for fall, especially when I tend to buy anything I see that’s on sale that I know I could make something with.

But, I am determined to make it work. I’m on a mission to decorate using ONLY the materials that I already have. I cannot spend ANY money. Yikes! Talk about a daunting task.

I have been scouting the blog scene and Pinterest for projects I could manage with materials I already have. Here are some things I have an abundance of: burlap, acrylic paint, ribbon, old ratty picture frames, and scrap wood. I also have a few other odds and ends. My craft stash is pretty hefty, but there’s hardly anything in it that screams fall. So, I have to get creative.

Here are a few cute but very cheap projects that I found that will serve as my inspiration. Some of these projects are made with things most of us can find lying around our house somewhere. 

Industrial Decorative Pumpkins: These are so simple yet modern. 
Wood, wire, nails, and a little paint is all you need to create this. 


Pine Cone Flower Embellished Mason Jars


Lunch Bags Into Paper Flowers: If you haven't checked out 52 mantels yet, do it now. Best site ever for decorating mantels and craftiness in general. This is a beautiful garland made from brown paper bags. 
Courtesy of 52 Mantels


Wood Block Pumpkins: Inexpensive and cute. 


Canning Lid Pumpkin: Just plain crafty and adorable. 
Courtesy of Simply Klassic Home


Fabulously Frugal Pumpkins: The pumpkins are made by wrapping fabric around a roll of toilet paper. How creative is that?! Talk about frugal. 


Book Page Pumpkin: I hate to destroy a good book, but I have several from college I wouldn't mind ripping to pieces to make a cute pumpkin. 
Courtesy of Creations by Kara


I'm hoping to get started this week on some cheap creations to decorate my house for fall, so stay tuned for what I am able to come up with. Also, let me know if you have any ideas of your own!





Linking Up With:

                              



Pin It

3 comments :

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you like my Fall Vignette. I love using the rakes for "shelves", I used last year at Christmas, and now with fall, You share some really great inexpensive fall decorations, and I see a few I will be trying my hand on!

    Cathy@My 1929 Charmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! Thanks so much for including my industrial pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete