Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Mantel

I wanted to show everyone my Christmas mantel. I’ve had it up for awhile, but I haven’t had a chance to take pictures. These pictures aren’t the best either, but I wanted to show a few highlights from my mantel. I also wish I had tutorials for some of the decorations, but sorry – no time for that. Unless you're Martha Stewart, you wouldn't have time to make any of this before Christmas anyways. At least I had time to show this to you! 













I made the wreath from a foam wreath that was covered in this weird garland. It almost looked like blades of grass. My sweet mother-in-law gave it to me thinking I could put it to good use, and I did! I cut circles in red fabric and stuck them on the wreath with straight pins. I love the way it turned out!






I already had the ornaments, so I went to the thrift store and purchased some vases to display them in. The glass candlesticks were from Dollar Tree.

The trees were made with the same red fabric from the wreath and some damask ribbon. I made the tree forms myself out of cardboard and super-glued the fabric and ribbon onto them. I topped them off with stars cut out of aluminum cans.




No Christmas would be complete without the Nutcracker. My mini-me absolutely adores nutcrackers. I took her to see the Nutcracker Ballet last Christmas, and now she’s hooked! Even her elf on the shelf is named Nutcracker. I now have a growing collection, but less is more when it comes to the mantle.




The banner I made with scrapbook paper and jute twine. I cute the scrapbook paper into the banner shape. I printed letters out on white cardstock and cut them out in circles. I then glued them to the scrapbook paper. I glued the banner pieces to some twine and hung the banner on the mantle.






I wanted to add more greenery or a little something more on the surface of the mantel, but I never did. With everything I’ve been busy with the last month, I’m lucky there are Christmas presents to hand out, more or less a decorated mantel. I’ve also included pictures of my tree. Nothing too fancy, but I enjoy it. I hope you do to! 












I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!


Linking Up With:

                                 




Pin It

2 comments :

  1. Super cute!! Thanks so much for linking up to Do Something Crafty Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pennant is so pretty! I tried to make one once, and it came out all crooked. Your tree photos are beautiful.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete